NMSU Rotaract Club Meeting Minutes:
-Ice-breaker: “Get to Know You” Bingo
· “Fellowship through service”
· To address our communities’ physical and social needs while promoting international understanding and peace through a framework of friendship and service.
-To join, it’s as Easy as 1, 2, 3:
· Attend ONE Rotary meeting
· Go to TWO Rotaract meetings
· Help with THREE service events
-Dues of $10:
· Deadline March 26th
· Dues cover things like food, membership pins, graduation cords, t-shirts, and general
· El Caldito Soup Kitchen: Help make and serve lunch bags
1. Read, sign, and bring waiver
2. Any Saturday, any month at 8:00am
3. Sign-up sheets available
· The Big Event: students and staff clean up the city as a way of saying “Thank you!”
1. Saturday, April 14th
2. Check in at Preciado Park, next to O’Donnell Hall, at 8:00am
3. First 1,000 registrants receive free t-shirts! (Therefore, sign up by our meeting on March 19th!)
· Casa de Peregrinos: distribute food, volunteer
1. Any Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
2. 8:30am-5:00pm at 999 West Amador Avenue, Suite F
3. You must wear closed toed shoes
4. To count as a service event, let us know you went by sending us a pic of you there!
· Las Cruces Arts Fair: ticket sales, booth sitting, silent auction, quick art
1. March 16-18th at the Las Cruces Convention Center
2. Volunteer Friday 5-8, Saturday 10-5, or Sunday 10-4 (For two hours between there)
3. Sign up, and please specify your shift!
· Cruces Creatives BIG Day- Success!
· Rotary District 5520: Present with our Rotaract Club on how we formed, how often we meet with Rotarians, how we sustain the club, choose our service projects, fundraise, etc.
1. March 24th in Albuquerque, NM 2. Gas bills and accommodations covered!
3. This is a huge event and great opportunity for us to find promotions and support please sign up so that we have a general head-count.
· Rocky Mountain Rotaract Summit: Rotaract-focused training, resources, guidance, and networking opportunities
1. This weekend!!
2. Working on getting reimbursements
3. Meet at Corbett Center Parking Lot to leave 3:30pm on March 9th
4. Full itinerary will be up this week for people attending!
-Fundraiser: GroupRaise Meal- Say you’re with Rotaract and buy something at a food place
during an allotted time, and they will donate 15% of the proceeds to us.
1. For our International Project to support the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children!
2. Visit Schlotzsky’s on Tuesday, March 13th anywhere from 4:00-9:00pm
3. 1763 East University Boulevard, Suite A, Las Cruces, NM 88001
4. We NEED 20 people to RSVP on the meal page to receive final confirmation of
the meal by March 10, 2018, or our event will be canceled.
5. RSVP: https://www.groupraise.com/events/55439
-Guest Speaker: HOBY (Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership)
-Starts June 1-3, 2018; Volunteers arrive May 31st (Applications are open!)
- Email Stephanie: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Las Cruces Mesilla Valley Rotary Club - Hilton Garden Inn, Thursdays at 6:45am
· Free breakfast!
· Rio Grande Rotary Club of Las Cruces- Las Cruces Convention Center, Tuesdays at 11:45am
· Rotary Club of Las Cruces – Wednesdays at 11:30am at La Posta de Mesilla
· Free lunch!
· Arts and Science Council Meeting – Every other Tuesday at 5:30pm in Hardman Jacobs, Room 125.
· Next Rotaract Meeting- March 12th at 6:15pm in Domenici Hall Room 018
-The Four Way Test:
Of the things we think, say, and do:
1.) Is it the truth?
2.) Is it fair to all concerned?
3.) Will it build good will and better friendships?
4.) Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
5.) Have fun and get ‘er done!
Facebook: NMSU Rotaract Club Instagram: @NMSURotaract Email: email@example.com Twitter: @nmsurotaract
Meeting minutes will be posted here to help people keep up with the club and update anyone who was unable to make the meetings.