Service Projects For This Month
Welcome back, Rotaractors! We are going to start our 2018 Fall Semester on August 27th at 5pm in Domenici Hall, Rm. 018
Service Projects for Upcoming Months
Car Wash: Fundraiser for club funds:
Outside of Dublins on Friday, September 14th - time TBA
Healthy Neighborhood Canvas (HNC): opportunity to inform the community about healthcare related services Planned Parenthood offers in their health centers.
1. Specifically PREP services that greatly reduce the possibility of contracting HIV
2. September 8th, at a neighborhood near University
3. Meet at the Planned Parenthood field office at 1065 S. Main St. Suite B, to collect materials and for a brief training on messaging.
Keep State Great: on-campus service project
1. 8:00 am at Preciado Park next to O'Donnell Hall, September 29th
2. First 1,000 registrants get free tshirts!
Farmers Market Harvest Festival: supervise activities at community outreach event, and table for our club.
1. October 24th from 5-9 pm.
2. Mainstreet, Downtown Las Cruces
3. Dressing up is encouraged!
Volunteering at El Caldito Soup Kitchen in Las Cruces
-From 8am-1pm, last Saturday of the month
-Information sheet and waiver required before hand
-Contact for waiver and more information
Casa de Peregrinos: distribute food, volunteer
1.) Any Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
2.) 8:30am-5:00pm at 999 West Amador Avenue, Suite F
3.) You must wear closed toed shoes
4.) To count as a service event, let us know you went by sending us a pic of you there!
NMSU Aggie Cupboard and Casa de Peregrinos: Help distribute perishable foods.
1. Every 4th Tuesday of the month, registration from 12:00-12:30, distribution from 12:30 to 2:30.
2. At the Southwest corner of Preciado Park (Gregg St. and Sweet Ave.)
3. Bring your current NMSU ID and a rolling cart or suitcase to carry up to 70 lbs of fresh fruits, vegetables, bread, and dairy products.
We will attempt to have a social event each month. Feel free to join us and bring a friend!